- Chair nominated - By the end of the 3rd week of the 1st semester.
- Committee formed - By the end of the 3rd semester.
- A Exam - At the end of the 3rd year, before beginning 7th semester.
- B Exam - By the end of the 14th semester. (At least 2 semesters between A and B exam)
- Dissertation - By the end of the 14th semester.
|A Exam||B Exam||Dissertation|
|Description||Faculty member who represents
|Three member committee consisting of chair
and two minor members
|Examination for Admission to Candidacy||Oral defense
|Requirement of Ph.D. degree|
|Deadline||By end of 3rd
week of 1st
|By end of 3rd
||By 14th semester (no more than 7 years)|
||Provisional Degree List|
|Extension||Can assign DGS as temporary chair||1 semester extension with petition, submitted before end of 3rd semester||1 semester extension
submitted before start of 7th semester
|1 semester extension with petition, submitted on 1st of the month prior to conferral||1 semester extension with petition, submitted on 1st of the month prior to conferral|