Faculty and Staff
Mark E. Sorrells, Professor of Plant Breeding
David Benscher, Research Support Specialist
Alvina Gul, Visiting Scientist
Shantel A Martinez, Postdoctoral Associate
Identifying preharvest sprouting tolerance in Northeast wheat through genomic prediction and dormancy gene fine mapping.
Integrating aerial high-throughput phenotyping and genomic selection in bread wheat.
QTL mapping for stem rust resistance in durum wheat population.
I work to make maize cropping systems more efficient by breeding for low inputs; incorporating a holistic view with the end use in mind. Currently I am developing populations to select upon and on developing breeding methods. I am also working with Fast Flowering Mini Maize and modern ExPVP maize inbreds to develop a variety of Mini Maize whose characteristics match more closely those of the modern heterotic groups for use as a model organism.
Genomics-assisted breeding for disease resistance and malting quality in two-row spring malting barley
Fine-mapping grain weight and shape QTL in spring wheat using heterogeneous inbred families developed from the W7984 x Opata RIL population.
Elizabeth De Meyer
J. Edward Keating
Past Lab Members
- Nicolas Santantonio, Graduate Student
- Jesse Chavez, Technician
- Itaraju Brum, Graduate Student
- Jin Sun, Post Doctoral Associate
- Jafar Jafarzadeh, Graduate Student
- Lynn Veenstra, Graduate Student
- John Shiffer - Technical Assistant
- Hugues Barbier, Post Doctoral Associate
- Gracia Montilla-Bascon, Post Doctoral Associate
- Julio Isidro-Sanchez, Post Doctoral Associate